Mommy's Timeout
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A community for all of us mommies to get together like old times! :)

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

I'm still alive!

Go down 
+2
Melissa
fstybrat
6 posters
AuthorMessage
fstybrat

fstybrat

I'm still alive! Empty
PostSubject: I'm still alive!   I'm still alive! Icon_minitimeMon Jun 22, 2009 1:52 am

Hey strangers!!! It is so good to see you guys in one place again! I feel so disconnected from everyone.

I tried blogging and as always it ends up sliding & I forget to post frequently, then when I remember I have forgotten what I should have posted about.

Lots going on for me right now I guess - Most of you know I enrolled in college back in August 2008, I started out with business administration and last April, changed my major to medical administration instead- this decision was prompted because my hours were cut in HALF at work (Keystone) and I decided it was time for a career change. I have since found a new full time job at a company called Physicians Group as an office coordinator (it is a chiropractor office) - I absolutely LOVE it there!!

My girls are growing up so fast & I am coming to terms with reality that even though they will always be my babies - they are not always *really* gonna be babies. Kristen just turned 17 on Friday & Ashlee 15 in April. Kristen is now driving and Ash isn't far behind. Kristen will be graduating early next year (in November) and Ash is just 3 years.

(Chad is yelling at me "let's go already ... " we promised him we'd go fishing with him today since it is fathers day ... so I will continue this post when we get home with updates on the rest of the "kids")

It sure is good to be back together again ...

(CONTINUING ON ...)

I'm home - today has sucked - the weather is icky which is making me crabby & over emotional - I HATE THAT!

Anyway ...

I still have CJ (my black Pomeranian) & Maggie (our brown tabby cat) & I think you also knew about Nova (our calico cat) ... We also have another dog now - Kodo, a cream & white colored Pomeranian ... This will be the first time I have EVER publicly announced that Sapphire has been re-homed Sad It still breaks my heart to say that - although she is in a wonderful home with a friend of mine from fest I still miss her very much. When I got Sapphire I KNEW what I was getting into - for life ... BUT I didn't expect the curves life was throwing at me and felt Sapphire wasn't getting what she deserved. Financially I was having a real hard time providing the quality food she should have (I can still hardly afford food for us let alone Sapphire) and over the winter & past year I took a BAD downhill spiral with my depression & couldn't take her out of her cage as much as she should have been and was getting NO help from anyone here in the house so I thought it best to let her be with someone who was emotionally & financially in a better position than me. I have not said anything to anyone because I was afraid people were going to look down on me -- I was especially worried that I would be a disappointment or let down to my birdie friends (ie Jodi) ... I just had to come to terms though that sometimes it takes a better person & more love to let go than to keep losing the fight. Anyway - she is doing GREAT and loves her new home and gets everything she should have and more, she has actually been there for a little over a year now.

So there's my update ... I can't wait to get caught up with everyone! I haven't even read journals in forever!!

For now ... I'm off to make rice crispy bars - strawberry ones at that!

Last edited by fstybrat on Mon Jun 22, 2009 6:32 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Melissa
Admin
Melissa

I'm still alive! Empty
PostSubject: Re: I'm still alive!   I'm still alive! Icon_minitimeMon Jun 22, 2009 1:56 am

Im so glad you came Kay!!! Smile I cant believe Kristen is already 17!! And Ashlee is 15! Thats just crazy to me!! When I met them they were 11 & 13 I believe! Its just crazy! Anyhow, I am really glad you came. I am the same way with blogging...I feel like I did good if I get in one post a month...and thats just sad! LOL! I miss the forum part...where you can chat a little every day! And personally I think I need it because its my little pathway to the adult world out there!! Haha!! Very Happy Glad youre here!!
Back to top Go down
https://mommys-timeout.forumotion.com
fstybrat

fstybrat

I'm still alive! Empty
PostSubject: Re: I'm still alive!   I'm still alive! Icon_minitimeMon Jun 22, 2009 6:33 am

Mel whats crazy to me is that all you girls have babies now - or heck even toddlers and everyone is growing so fast!!!!!!!!!

I agree with you on the forum thing - I think we all need this! Smile
Back to top Go down
Carmen

Carmen

I'm still alive! Empty
PostSubject: Re: I'm still alive!   I'm still alive! Icon_minitimeMon Jun 22, 2009 12:51 pm

Hi Kay! Teenage girls...are they as bad as everyone makes out?
Back to top Go down
fstybrat

fstybrat

I'm still alive! Empty
PostSubject: Re: I'm still alive!   I'm still alive! Icon_minitimeMon Jun 22, 2009 1:45 pm

Carmen!!! I've been asking about you for months! I had no way to get a hold of you Sad

Teenage girls have their moments - but in my opinion the worst part about them is their "attitude" - keep em in check and they are fine!
Back to top Go down
Carmen

Carmen

I'm still alive! Empty
PostSubject: Re: I'm still alive!   I'm still alive! Icon_minitimeMon Jun 22, 2009 1:56 pm

Well you just kinda disappeared off the face of the earth!

Attitude...meh. Emily is full of attitude. A teenage girl trapped in a three year old's body!
Back to top Go down
fstybrat

fstybrat

I'm still alive! Empty
PostSubject: Re: I'm still alive!   I'm still alive! Icon_minitimeMon Jun 22, 2009 2:06 pm

The only thing I've disappeared from was PT .. I can't access OD journals anymore it won't let me in there. I had asked about you in my blog on blogger.com a few times and asked that someone have you contact me so we could get back in touch ... that didn't seem to work.

Oh well - all that matters is we are all here now though Smile

and it sounds to me that Emily is a lot like Kristen was when she was that age! FULL of personality ... she still hasn't lost that touch either! Wink
Back to top Go down
Carmen

Carmen

I'm still alive! Empty
PostSubject: Re: I'm still alive!   I'm still alive! Icon_minitimeMon Jun 22, 2009 2:13 pm

I so don't want her to change anything. She doesn't let anyone bully her and she knows exactly what she wants. She's going to be an awesome adult, very driven so I'll deal with the attitude because I believe it's a sign of good things to come.
And you can't help but have a little giggle when your three old looks at you and says 'I'm not very happy about this, I don't want to talk to you right now.'
Back to top Go down
Mallory
Admin
Mallory

I'm still alive! Empty
PostSubject: Re: I'm still alive!   I'm still alive! Icon_minitimeMon Jun 22, 2009 10:53 pm

LOL Carmen, we say the SAME thing about Delta, to the point that she even told someone once (who asked her how old she was) "Firteen!" Laughing

And she often says things to us like, "I'm getting tired 'bout this," and then gives us the -parent- eye. haha
Back to top Go down
Rhonda

Rhonda

I'm still alive! Empty
PostSubject: Re: I'm still alive!   I'm still alive! Icon_minitimeTue Jun 23, 2009 8:05 am

Kay! You're alive!

I'm glad to see you here. I was hoping you'd join.
Back to top Go down
fstybrat

fstybrat

I'm still alive! Empty
PostSubject: Re: I'm still alive!   I'm still alive! Icon_minitimeMon Jun 29, 2009 3:11 am

HAHA!!! Sometimes that NEVER changes Carmen! Kristen is 17 and STILL does that!!! lol

Rhonda - this is so much easier than the blog thing which we all know I am not very good with! LOL
Back to top Go down
Courtney

Courtney

I'm still alive! Empty
PostSubject: Re: I'm still alive!   I'm still alive! Icon_minitimeMon Jun 29, 2009 6:03 am

Nice to meet you!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

I'm still alive! Empty
PostSubject: Re: I'm still alive!   I'm still alive! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

I'm still alive!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Mommy's Timeout  :: Who are you? Come on in and introduce yourself!-
Jump to: